If you have been doing this for a while, you are well aware of how owning a home based business can cause a little stress from time to time. You are pulled in 15 different directions; working extra long days and you will end up taking care of everything but yourself.
We have all been there from time to time and it can literally take over your life if you let it. To decompress and warn off that unwanted stress, I have compiled a list of some of my favorite quick tips to help calm and relax you at a moments notice, so you can start concentrating on enjoying your life and business.
- Breathe – Sit back, close your eyes and take 3-5 deep cleansing breaths.
- Take a Break – When you work at home, you will find you are chained to your office and desk for hours on end with no break. Get out! Take a break! Walk outside or even around the house for a few minutes, just as long as it is nowhere near your desk.
- Write it and Rip it – Write down all the things that are currently causing you stress on a piece of paper. When you are done, Rip it to shreds! It is like ripping up all your stress and throwing it away.
- Grab a Quick Snack or Refreshing Beverage – Indulging in a little snack might be all you need to rejuvenate yourself.
- Exercise – Make it something fun like playing Wii sports, taking a swim or jumping on a trampoline. Your stress will melt away.
- Laugh – Laughter is the best medicine. Read a joke someone emailed you and then pass it on for others to enjoy, or take time to watch your favorite comedy. Your mood will lighten up right away.
- Communicate – Stop starring at your computer and take time out to make a call. Get your mind off of what you are working on for a few minutes and enjoy a short conversation with a friend.
- Massage Therapy – Invest in yourself. Take time and get a massage to relieve mental and physical stress.
- Turn on Some Tunes– Listen to some of your favorite upbeat music.
- Focus on the Positive – Take a step back and reflect on all the things you appreciate in life. I know this sounds simple, but it can help you see things in a different perspective.
I hope you find these tips to be helpful. What are some of the things you do to stay stress free? Please leave me your comments, ideas and strategies we can all enjoy. Feel free to share this with all your friends on Facebook, Twitter and beyond.
Be Stress Free!